Saturday, April 08, 2006

Recipe - Grant's Chicken Cacciatore

I like chicken. I look for recipes on Allrecipes.com, and usually I don't have all the ingredients needed to make something from the list...I don't know what spices to have on hand...so, I have to improvise. Usually, I grab the temperature that I have to cook something, and lo and behold, *poof*, I end up with a great dinner. Here's what I had tonight;

Grant's Chicken Cacciatore

4 chicken legs
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can of mushrooms
1 bottle of tomato sauce (I use PC tomato and basil sauce - cheap, and good)
salt and pepper
some garlic powder
some crushed chilis
some hot chilis

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Brown chicken pieces in olive oil.
3. Lay in casserole dish.
4. Saute mushrooms in pan (use the chicken fat and left over oil in the pan), until they
are browned on the edges.
5. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crush chili the chicken to your taste.
6. Pour mushrooms over chicken.
7. Pour tomato sauce over chicken and mushrooms.
8. Bake in the oven until finished (about an hour).
9. Serve and enjoy!

Tonight, I had spinach and boiled new taters with it...and of course, a bottle of Peller Estates Baco Noir 2004. Dinner was delicious, easy to make, and I still have most of the bottle left to have this evening while I blog!

Enjoy the recipe!

No comments: