Friday, April 11, 2008

Review – La Piazza, Hamilton, Ontario

An old stand-by favourite of mine, when I feel like having good Italian food. I came back from the US, for the Christmas holidays, and met up with Bob at one of the bars on George Street downtown Hamilton, and we had a couple of beers before we headed to La Piazza. Because I am doing this from memory, I can’t remember the name of the bar!! It may have been on Augusta, not sure.
Anyways, we headed to La Piazza, and we started out with a couple of good Grey Goose martinis, and I started with a nice warm spinach salad, with walnuts and grilled onions. Tasty. For the appetizer, I have a hard time veering away from the Portobello mushroom, stuffed with crab, cheese, with a sweet red pepper coulis on the bottom. Nothing like taking the Italian bread they give you and sop up the coulis after eating a healthy sized Portobello. On to the main course, I decided to take it easy, and had the pasta alfredo with chicken, and I wasn’t disappointed. I have found at most Italian restaurants, the alfredo sauce is a bit too thick for my liking. Maybe I am a wuss, but I prefer my alfredo sauce a little more runny than typically presented on pasta. It was still good, though. For dessert, I had the crème brule, which is always good, as a nice round out to the meal. Finishing up with a good cup of coffee, and you can’t beat the meal at all. Of course, nothing like a nice Drambuie to wash the coffee down. It was a reasonable night on Bob’s wallet, with the tab coming in at about $140 for 2. Not bad…I will be back there again, for some sort of an occasion.

No comments: